Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Titanium StirCrazies!

Hi Everyone,

Winter continues here in old New England, and we in the heavily wooded and higher elevations still have some snow on the ground. But it's been very mild and will continue this way for the next week or so. Maple sugaring is already underway in some towns which is a little ahead of schedule. I will certainly take it for now, even though it raises suspicions for a possible long hot summer ahead.

We've had a number of distractions here at home lately that have been slowing me down, but progress continues nonetheless. I'm almost done with regular titanium Mini Poltergeists and they are sitting ready for their final anodizing pass. The small titanium GameBoard project is well underway and will be coming in a week or two. And I will hopefully be getting some good sharpening sessions in shortly as well.

Today I have something brand new for you! The idea for Titanium StirCrazy tools came to me several years ago when I was making a cup of coffee. I often reach for a paring knife out of the knife block when I just want to give my hot drink a quick stir and don't feel like getting a spoon dirty. So I started thinking about a stir stick design that could hang around the kitchen. Naturally I wanted a bottle opener and a large opening to hang the tool up. I also have wanted to make a larger ruler for some time, and this longer tool provided the perfect space for that. And so the StirCrazy was born. 

This is a great little multi use tool for giving a quick stir to your coffee or mixed drink, digging out that dollop of crystallized honey out of the bottom of the jar, smearing a bit of peanut butter on your snack cracker, etc etc. It also would be a handy item for the workshop or tackle box...features include a cap lifter plus 5/16" wrench, 1/2" wrench, deeply engraved 4 inch ruler scale and 7cm ruler scale. The overall length is just over 6.5" and the material is a slim but substantial .080" thick.

I have left the first wave of these with a plain stonewashed finish, meaning without anodizing. These were a pain to tumble out as they are light and flat so they have an annoying tendency to stick together in the tumblers and create rub marks. Multiple tumbling sessions were required which is one reason they took so long to finish. At any rate, these first ones are plain, with my usual wide variety of stamps. I do have a few unstamped ones as well if anyone wants to email me for them. And I will have a second smaller batch of color anodized StirCrazies coming up in a day or two.

StirCrazies will run $75 plus shipping and the purchase link is below. Thanks for popping in today and hope your Valentines Day is a great one!

Plain ones are all gone, thank you so much everyone!
 



 
 

No comments: