Tuesday, August 25, 2026

PryDaddy Jrs with Burnished Patina Finish

Hi again my friends!

Another lovely day is brewing out there today with a mix of clouds and sun. I will make sure to get outside this afternoon and tend to some gardening tasks. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts.

I've been continuing to explore finishes for titanium. For years I have been looking for ways to create finishes that are resistant to fingerprints and dulling of the colors. I have tried sealers, oils and spray lacquers but generally have found those methods to be messy or inferior. When I hit upon the two tone finishes I was much happier with the outcome because I could start with high voltage colors and after partially removing them through various methods I could then reanodize to a lesser voltage and create finishes that were much more resistant to use and abuse while maintaining their integrity. Well, now I have added another burnishing step and it just might be my favorite so far. The buttery finish and depth of effect on these latest tools is really nice and is probably what I will be sticking to going forward.  

These PryDaddy Jr tools with Burnished Patina Finish have a wide variety of stamps as well as color combinations, including some with C-51 neutral coloration. I varied the grinds a little bit as well, so between all these factors no two are exactly alike. And there are a couple of lefties available as well if anyone wishes to request them.

Prydaddy Jrs will run $75 plus shipping and the link is below. As always, I thank you for coming by today and I'm wishing you all the best in these waning summer days.

All gone for today, thanks so much! 
 

 

No comments: