Monday, August 24, 2026

G1F Ghosts!

Howdy Folks!

Summer is already starting to wind down here in the Northeast, and there is a hint of fall in the early morning air this week. There has been a lot more rain than the beginning of the summer, so the leaves are all looking much greener than they did last year. Hopefully we will have a brighter leaf season this year.

Well today I have a little surprise for you. I have had several sheets of thin flat S30v steel stored away for years, and I decided that it was time to use some of it up. This is the first of a series of ultralight tools using this material.

The G1 Ghost is one of my most popular and requested designs ever and so it seemed fitting to make some in S30v. Because the steel is only about .075 thick I didn't want to have it surface ground and lose any thickness. So these ultralight tools have a light Raw Bar (mill scale) texture with a light bead blasted finish. There are lots of character marks and minor imperfections but they still look quite good and retain a reasonable strength considering their geometry...there are a few dozen here today, and I did make a couple of lefties if anyone wishes to request them. No stamps other than the Atwood name stamp. 

G1F Ghosts will run $60 plus shipping and the link is below. Thanks for swinging by and I hope your summer has been fantastic.

These are sold out, thank you so much!

 


 
  

No comments: