Thursday, July 02, 2015

FunnyBones

Hi Folks and Happy Independence Day Weekend!

Man, I simply can't believe it's July already. I have a funny feeling that this summer is going to fly by in a flash... It's a little gloomy and humid here today but we're supposed to have great sunny weather for the holiday weekend.

Things continue to progress nicely in the shop this week. My cleanup and reorganization efforts are paying off hugely already and it's making a big difference. Now to turn my attention more intently towards production.

Speaking of production, the Wheelman bike tools are coming along very well and I should finally be ready for a sale sometime in the next week. The T-Wrex tools just need some minor grinds and cleanup and they will be ready to go out the door to heat treat, figure two days of solid work left on them. The 3V Mini Wedgies in the same thick stock are started and will be next in line for grinding, followed by the Semi Roid P15 Prybabies. Now that I have everything more organized I can see all the other projects lined up too and I can tell you there is much grinding in my future. :)

Today I have the new FunnyBones done. These are made of my usual 5/32 (.160) CPM 154 steel and they are quite similar to the original design. I made some small tweaks such as changing the edge grips, replacing the old metric set with the same odd number set 5-15mm from the metric Atwrench project, and the cap lifter is now round instead of wrenchy. All in all a very simple but solid tool and a handy one for your pocket, toolbox or car.

FunnyBones will run $65 plus shipping and the link to purchase is below. It's a small batch so one per customer on them please. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a marvelous and relaxing 4th of July weekend ahead!

FunnyBones are gone for now, thanks again everyone!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY, YAY, YAY!

Greatest design of all.

Thanks Peter!

Geoff said...

I really like the updates to the funnybone design Peter. Great tweaks! Happy Independence Day to all. We are blessed by the sacrifices of those who are serving and have served our country to preserve our freedoms.

NOPE_NO_NAME_SORRY said...

My first one!