Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Steel HangMan 18

Hi Folks,

Hope your holiday weekend was great. It was a bit dark and gloomy here for most of it, but we got some much needed rain for the gardens so I can't complain. And the precipitation was not white for a change, which is a major step in the right direction.

It was good to take a few days off, but that means that very little got done over the weekend unfortunately. I really must make myself get back to tool grinding this week...in the meantime however, I do have more Magnum 5 Flute Lanslide beads on the way for later in the week.

Today I have the new steel Hangman 18 hooks completed. These are made of heat treated 17-4ph stainless steel with a rustic raw bar finish. After using and studying the past Hangman designs for several years I have concluded that the original flex function is really not necessary and in most cases only serves to weaken the design. So I elected to ignore the flex issue and just go for solid strength in this new non flexing steel pocket key hook.

The deep hexi edge design complements many of my other tools and provides a generous finger grip area that makes your keys super easy to retrieve. I even added a small lanyard opening at the top in case people want to experiment with adding a stubby lanyard and bead combo. At .200 thick they are quite beefy indeed, yet slightly more compact than the previous Ragman design. A 5/16 hex wrench at the bottom provides a generous opening for attaching to your key ring. I am already contemplating a possible second run in surface ground CPM 154 steel with some small tweaks and further embellishments, but these ones today are all in the plain textured stainless steel you see below.

The steel Hangman hooks will run $55 plus shipping and I will put a limit of two on them so lots of folks get a chance at them. Thanks for looking in today and hope your work week is short and sweet!

Sold out for now, thanks so much!







    

No comments: