Monday, September 25, 2006

Rough Weekend

Sheesh, talk about your lousy weekends...I was taking it easy this weekend trying to give my aching wrists a rest. On Saturday, after my usual morning visit to the post office, I decided to run down the street to my favorite little drive-in diner for a cup of coffee. It was raining lightly and pretty gloomy outside. I chatted with the owners who are good friends of mine, got my coffee and headed out the back door intending to say goodbye to another friend who works there. I stepped onto the thankfully short back staircase and the next thing I knew I was picking myself up off the bottom step. I must have slipped on the soaking wet aluminum threshold in the doorway. Anyway, I landed hard on my left hip and elbow and spilled my coffee everywhere. Felt like a damned fool. So I went home and took it easy for the rest of the weekend. Then, as if to add insult to injury, the Patriots lost to the Broncos last night. Arrrrggghhh, will the injustices never cease?

No comments: