Wednesday, December 07, 2022

Steel BarClaws!

Hi Everyone,

It's a gray and gloomy one here today, with a light rain falling. Typical for this time of year, and soon to be snow by next week I am sure. We're definitely in meteorological winter, even though the calendar says a couple more weeks to go before actual winter starts.

We're heading into the home stretch for this year. I hope to get going on the PryDaddy project for next week, and StirCrazy kitchen tools will be coming before the holidays too hopefully. Stay tuned for more info as soon as I get them closer to completion. I also have some small tool batches to get to over the next couple weeks as well.

Today I have something new for you. My tree guy asked me for a heavy duty scraper and pry tool last year. He wanted something for cleaning out the bar groove on his chainsaws and for testing for rotten spots on wood. I examined the crude home made scraper tool he was using and thought I could make something better. I added an offset rear pry tip as well as 7/16 and 1/2" wrench openings to increase the overall usefulness and to lighten the heavy bar a bit. These will be great tools for general renovation and carpentry work as well as woodsman and camping activities.

The BarClaw tools are made of 1/4" thick 17-4 ph hardened stainless steel. They're about 4.25" long and are cut from the same sheet as the previous Wedgie tools. I have my usual wide variety of original design stamps, and there are a few without stamps for those who prefer vanilla. The guys down at S&W must have been feeling feisty when they heat treated these because many have a cool leather like surface texture that shows some extreme heat..my first ever "MeltiTool", hehe. :D

BarClaws will run $75 plus shipping and the link is below. Thanks for tuning in today and I hope your holiday season is shaping up to be a good one!

These are all gone, thank you so much!
 



 

No comments: