Saturday, August 04, 2012

Stainless Count Sporkulas

Good Morning Folks and Happy Weekend!

We've been having a warm spell lately so I've been staying close to home and getting a bit of work done. Today I have the first wave of stainless steel Count Sporkulas finished. These are made of 301 half hard stainless steel, the same material used to make better quality kitchen spatulas and other implements. This is a great steel for this application as compared to 304/18-8 (which is what your flatware at home is made of) because it is just as stainless... but because it has been work hardened to some extent it is much more rigid, so you're not going to bend it like you would a cheap spoon. These are .060" thick so are thin but they still have a nice weight to them.

I have testing them quite a bit for all kinds of meals and they perform well for everything from ice cream and yogurt to salads, cole slaw, baked beans, mashed potatoes, even steak. A handy item to keep in your wallet and a terrific conversation starter. :)

So the stainless Count Sporkulas run $45 plus shipping and the link is below. Stay cool this weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!

First wave is gone for now but I have lots more of these coming in the weeks ahead, thank you!



    







14 comments:

Island Man said...

Can't wait to try them out. Thanks Peter

Island Man said...

Thanks Peter. Can't wait to use my steel Sporkula. Do you think the Ti Spork will be Jealous ?

Unknown said...

Not sure I got to this in time as the link has gone from here but I am hoping as I did as I have been looking for a spork for sometime and what better example than an Atwood!

Anonymous said...

Another sale missed. I have achieved a Buddha-like calm regarding the fact that I shall never see a sale link, never, ever. At least not in this lifetime. Perhaps if I perform enough good deeds I will have an opportunity in a future life. In the meantime I will continue to admire the photos on this blog.

Peter Atwood said...

That's what email is for... ;)

GMoney said...

ssshhhhhhhhh!!

Anonymous said...

It was a happy belated birthday today....... ;)

asupernothing said...

Looks like I missed out on another one too. I like the pic of the yogurt too, its my favorite brand too.

antmelnat said...

Hi Peter,
What type of finish did you use for this batch of stainless? Same problem with them sticking together in the tumbler as the ti ones?

Unknown said...

Thank you for supporting real Greek Yogurt!

Peter Atwood said...

These are stonewashed and yes, some did stick together in the tumbler. So I'm spending a lot of time sorting through them and will have to retumble and sort them all again and again to get through the batch.

Peter Atwood said...

OK, I've had a lot of people email asking if they can be put on an email list for sales. I guess the wording was misleading...I don't do an email list. My comment meant that you can email me and ask if I had more Count Sporkulas in stock which I do. Thanks.

Josh said...

Any chance of another run in Ti with the awesome stonewash finish from this group?

Unknown said...

Just got my order from this batch. They look great! Can't wait to put it to use :)