Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Micarta 6 Flutes!

Hi Everyone!

Well, we're finally getting some desperately needed rainfall here in the northeast. After the driest summer I can recall, we got about 4 inches last week and now looks like another inch or so today. Too late for a lot of my garden plants but at least it will help recharge the aquifers.

So I've been a busy boy lately. I just cut a batch of brand new tools in ti and steel, and so will get them started on the long road to finishing this week. I haven't settled on the name yet, but will just call it the PryDaddy for now, and those will be coming later this fall. I also just got back from heat treat the batch of steel Wheelman tools, and will have them coming up shortly. I also have a bunch of the BabySharks done, so will put a sale up for those shortly as well. And, a huge batch of olive G10 6 Flute beads is also close to ready and will be available in the next week or so.

Today I have the first wave of Brown Micarta 6 Flute Mega beads done. These are just gorgeous, and are my favorite of the lightweight synthetic materials to date. Each one is slightly different than the rest so the patterns on them are very cool. I have lightly burnished these and left them on the drier side. If you want to darken them simply apply any kind of oil (olive oil shown below) and the color will deepen to a rich chocolate brown, but you will lose some of the contrast of the woven cloth core. The color can be altered repeatedly as the material is very durable and washable so don't be afraid to experiment and periodically recolor as you wish.

Brown Micarta 6 Flutes will run $30 each and the link is below. Thanks for stopping by and hope your week is going great!

First wave is sold out, thank you so much! I still have more of these to finish so will have more soon. 


 

 
 

No comments: