Friday, September 25, 2020

Steel Bookie Tools!

 Hi Everyone,

Well, fall has arrived very suddenly during this past week. There were a few cold nights where we briefly flirted with an early frost but somehow managed to narrowly escape each time. After that we went from tired green leaves everywhere to spots of orange, yellow and red. It's been so dry all summer that I don't know what effect it will have on fall foliage though, and it might end up being a bit subdued... At any rate, I always savor the warm afternoons this time of year filled with golden light and the delicious smell of decomposing leaves.

The projects continue to slowly chug along. I just need to put in two more days of work and I will be ready to send a batch of a new steel pry tool called the Oddvark out to heat treat. Steel MiniBar+ tools are next in line after those. Not too much else to report at the moment, but I will stay with it and have more cool tools coming up soon.

Today I have some New Old Stock items for you. I was going through boxes this summer and came across a batch of 10 year old Steel Bookies that I never finished. It has been a very long time since I have had any edged tools to offer and so I figured I ought to finish these up.

The concept behind the Bookie was to make a thin bookmark tool that could be kept sheathed in a journal or book. They are made of hardened 420 stainless cutlery steel with stonewashed finish and have a 2.5 inch sharpened edge. And naturally they also have a cap lifter built in. These are intended to be used primarily as a desk tool and they make for a unique letter opener. They will ship with a simple plastic edge cover and it is up to you to find the perfect book, Moleskine journal or other home for them. 

In our frenetic electronic age, it is almost becoming quaint to use pen and ink and to read a book printed on paper. But I still love doing things the old fashioned way at times, and thankfully no battery is required!

Steel Bookies will run $70 plus shipping and the link is below. Thanks for dropping by and I hope you are gearing up for a nice weekend.

Bookies are gone for today, thank you so much!


 



 
 
 

No comments: