Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Zirconium Hangman Hooks!

Hello my friends!

I hope this post finds you and your families healthy and safe. We are in very good shape here and like you have been staying on top of every bit of news that we can find, from a wide variety of sources. This is obviously a disaster of epic proportions in which we find ourselves and we're all trying to navigate it to safety. I am taking many precautions here and just this past weekend finally broke a 3 week isolation to go to the grocery store. We could have held out for another week or more, but I figured early on a rainy Friday morning the store would be less crowded, and it was. I wore a mask the entire trip and was super careful to sanitize everything that I brought home.

I don't know about you guys but I REALLY don't want to catch this awful thing and we have had quite a few cases in Western MA, although relatively few deaths. I think having everyone stay home and on heightened alert has greatly slowed the spread already, but it is heart breaking to see the daily deaths piling up all over the country, including 25 so far at the local veteran's home. Still, I am hopeful that we will get a grip on this, but it's going to take many stressful months.We'll get through it though!

I've been using my recent down time to get some work done. I just sent a huge batch of steel Metric Mini Prybabies to heat treat last week. Luckily heat treat is still running for now. We'll see if that lasts... Anyhow, a nifty little batch of newly redesigned Mini LockNut Monsters has also been sent out, and another captive bit tool in the Superbug series, called the PopWroach, just went out to heat treat yesterday. So that's three batches of steel tools that are finally approaching the finish line.

Titanium projects are also moving along briskly. I have a new Tiny Tim design that is very cute and those are on the bench awaiting stamping and anodizing. I have a super cool mini angle checking/ruler scale/drawing tool called the QuickDraw that is close to complete as well. There's a small opener/pry tool design based on the very limited stubby MiniBar batch that is sitting on the grinding bench right now, and I'm almost done with the grinds. A steel version of the same tool is also cut and awaiting milling... Also on the stamping bench is a tray of top secret items liberated from an old storage shed in Nevada...So lots of super cool items are coming this year despite the sorry state of the world.

Today I have a batch of Zirconium Hangman hooks done. These are plain, without stamps, and they have the usual heat colored and hand rubbed dark gray finish. I have a second group of these coming soon with stamps, and I have some interesting brand new finishes for Zr that I will be offering for those. At any rate, these guys today are plain vanilla, and are a little thinner than the past batches of Hangman hooks so are very light in weight. They will run $55 each plus shipping and the pp link is below, no limit on them.

Thanks so much for stopping in today. I hope everyone has a safe and healthy week ahead and best wishes to you and your families during this difficult time!
Sold out, thanks again everyone!







No comments: