Friday, January 19, 2018

Bronze Mini 5 Flutes

Hi Folks,

Happy Friday! It's still very wintery here with snow stubbornly clinging to the trees and a good foot or more of white stuff on the ground. Hopefully we will get some slightly more moderate temperatures for the next few weeks though as that last cold spell was positively brutal.

I don't know what it is about this time of year but for some reason it's always good for coming up with new ideas. I've had a few new ones lately and hopefully at least two or three of those will actually pan out. A little more research is in order I think and every year I buy tons of product samples, materials and various supplies in order to explore and test the possibilities.

The fun thing about making drawings is that I might sit down with one idea in mind but then the hours slip by. I might make 4 or 5 versions before finally ending up with something completely different from the original idea. And if I do come up with something that I like I will usually print it out and set it aside. Then the next day or two might see considerable revisions as I continue to think about the tool and make small tweaks to it. One thing I have learned though is that no matter how much I might be smitten with the first versions, they usually look crude to me by the time I settle on the final version. It's often very subtle stuff.

Example: Working name Small Fry but I might end up calling it a Clawbaby, we'll see.

Version 1 which sat for two days: 

Version 2- Final this morning:




Anyhow, today I have the remaining Bronze Mini 5 Flute Lanslides finished. These have a rich chocolate colored patina started on them already and the highlights will continue to develop the more they are handled. Probably my personal favorite bead material of all as I love the warm coppery tone of the bronze.

The Mini 5 Flutes are $30 plus flat rate shipping and there is no limit on quantity. Thanks so much everyone and hope you all have a great weekend ahead!


All gone, thanks again everyone!






10 comments:

Geoff said...

Exciting times! Thanks for the sneak peak Peter.

Jeff Pulice said...

I don't care what you call it- I want one!

Paul said...

One day I will figure out how to purchase a product from you...:(

Peter Atwood said...

Paul, if you would simply email me I will be glad to offer you whatever I have in stock. I always have stuff available. There is not one day in the past 15 years where if someone had simply emailed me I wouldn't have had something in stock to offer them. Not one single day. It may not have been exactly what you were looking for, but there are ALWAYS odds and ends here for those who email. ;)

lottagear-2000@yahoo.com

Thanks! :)

John said...

So many drops, wow, getting things done :-)

Cool sneak peak!

Got the Bubble Game Coin today, super sweet, thanks Peter!

stinger149 said...

How can I find out if you still have any items available? Thanks

Peter Atwood said...

Dude, my email is in my comment just above this one...

Tool Amour said...

Peter,
Version 2 of the Clawbaby is incredible--have you considered making some of them without the bottle opener? Likewise "opener-less" Ghosts and Keytons? IMO the E115 is one of your best pieces...

Peter Atwood said...

Thanks! Yes, there is a plain one without opener on the drawing board too. It's going to be a couple of months before this series starts probably.

Unknown said...

Very cool ... looking forward to the non opener too!!