Friday, February 03, 2017

Wee Drops!

Hi Everyone,

Happy February! It's always nice to finally get January behind us, with the days beginning to lengthen and the sun starting to get a little stronger. Time is already flying this year.

Well at long last some of my many projects are starting to come to fruition. It has become almost comical to me lately how everything keeps getting delayed for various reasons and nothing has been getting completed. So I am quite gratified to finally have something going my way for a change. After these shot cups are done I will have brass 5 flute beads coming up, steel 12 Point tools and also more shot cups, followed by titanium K4 Keytons. There is so much on the way and finally it is starting to get completed.

Today I have the first wave of stainless steel shot cups done and ready to go. It's been a while since I made drinking vessels and I wanted to continue with the same elegant design but offer some more sizes. I decided to start with a diminutive "tasting" cup.

The Wee Drops are turned from solid bars of 303 stainless steel. At 1.25 inches in diameter, these are slightly slimmer than the previously released Tipplers (1.5 inches) but they maintain the same basic design scheme, namely a fluted waist with a ring of rifle knurling. All of these pieces are the same btw with no variation in either knurling direction or style.

The capacity of the Wee Drop is slightly more than 1/2 oz, hence the "tasting" cup moniker. A taller version called the LongShot will be following this Wee Drop batch in a few days and those are a full 1 oz in capacity. I call the LongShot a "shooter" cup.

Both of these new sizes are so cute that I can hardly stand it! I do use them for sipping libations but they also make terrific bathroom or medicine cups. I keep a few on my desk as well for sorting small parts like watch pins and tiny screws. They have many possible uses and are heavy enough that they are fairly hard to knock over. Obviously they are durable enough to last forever or until the sun explodes, whichever comes first.

The Wee Drops will run $65 plus shipping. It's a sizable batch and I know some people will want sets so I will make these a limit of 4 per customer please. The link to purchase is below...Thanks for dropping by today and I hope your weekend is absolutely fantastic. Go Pats!


All gone for today, thank you so much everyone!




  
For size comparison: Wee Drop, Tippler and LongShot




   

12 comments:

Bryan Funk said...

Please send the bottle of whiskey.

Unknown said...

Pappy!

Geoff said...

Evan Williams will fill my Wee Drop just fine!

JakeDog said...

That is a sizable batch; or everyone's still asleep. 20 minutes and the link is still going. Can't wait to test these out.

ridnovir said...

Hope tipler will be on offer soon these I find too small (will take long to get drunk)

John said...

Wow! and Pappy :-)

Unknown said...

And missed again.........

Pat said...

The one time my alert didn't go off!!!

yooper said...

Peter I would love to see some of these vessels in titanium if that's feasible. I can taste steel, depending on the beverage, and it feels cold. Ti is more neutral in flavor and feel.

Wm3. said...

This is a hit or miss addiction! How do I turn on alerts? I need a heads up!!! LMBO

Agrieve said...

More matching tipplers on the way or just Wee Drops and Longshots?

Peter Atwood said...

Thanks everybody!

Austin, I'm not sure yet, maybe some more stainless Tipplers but don't know yet.