Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Plain Ti Wedgies

Hi Everyone,

It has taken me a while to get these G2 Wedgies done. Funny how sometimes the projects that are supposed to be quick and relatively easy can often turn into never ending battles. I thought I'd be done with these several weeks ago which is why I sold a few of the first test pieces to folks who emailed looking for new stuff. And of course one person immediately took advantage of that to put one up on Ebay before I even had a chance to finish the bulk of the batch and post a Wedgie sale. That generated a lot of trouble for me and dozens of emails from upset fans and so from now on I will try to avoid that and not release stuff until the batches are actually completed.

Anyway, I'm still only halfway done with the Wedgies and need to finish up the rest of the batch but I have a small number of them ready today. These are plain stonewashed with no anodizing. The ti Wedgies measure 4 inches long by 1/2" wide and are well over 1/4" in thickness so they are massive little blocks of titanium. In addition, titanium plate this thick is also sometimes textured so I was delighted to see that these have a light pebbly Raw Bar finish. The lanyard opening on these doubles as an O2 wrench.

Are they tough? Well, talk about overkill...I used a 2 lb hammer to nail one deep into a wooden 2x4 and there was no damage whatsoever besides a slightly flattened mark on the end where the hammer had struck it. Good stuff. :)

The Wedgies run $60 plus shipping. This will be a one per customer sale because I only have a couple dozen completed so far but I wanted to get some out there as soon as possible. More will be coming in the next few days. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

All gone, thank you!



21 comments:

Steve said...

Wow Peter! You know I've been wanting a 3V wedgie for a loooong time. So excited that you brought the design back. Ti is a very nice material and I am not too sad about the loss of 3V. Super pumped I was able to snag one!

One question. Is it possible to have a version with the holes drilled for cord wrap, or does the toughness of the Ti preclude that?

Thanks!

Easy Wind said...

Bring it on !

CW said...

These look great Peter! I'm holding out for an anodized bar (Fingers & Toes crossed I don't regret waiting). Again great work as always Peter, have a good week:)

dDOTv said...

these look super nice Peter!

Neale said...

Well that is what I get for working - missed this one. Looks nice!

Dave67 said...

Looking at the photos of your past Wedgies, I can see you changed the design up a bit. Why the change? Though either way they still look great, thanks Peter.

McCool009 said...

Woah, these went fast. Want. That's a cool little design.

Peter Atwood said...

Thanks!

Billy said...

Should post the picture of the one you nailed into the 2x4 so we can get an example !! great design awesome!

Trent said...

Peter's avatar is not really a grappling hook; it is a Ti Wedgie deflecting incoming arrows.

Zag96 said...

Way cool, Peter. Sometimes simple just ends up looking so nice! I think I have some spare 2x4s that are just itching to get messed up by one of these! My luck hasn't been good lately, but I'll keep trying!

me said...

Do they have the Atwood stamp?

Peter Atwood said...

Yes indeed, the Atwood Stamp is on the side on these because they are so darned thick. ;)

codec said...

So clean and simple. Beautiful!

Rick said...

The raw bar texture looks cool!

J said...

Wish I'd snagged one - looks like a good solution for getting arrows out of trees. Hope you do more plain ones!

Tool Amour said...

I'd LOVE some Atwood prototypes--maybe you need to do a sign-up sale for some of your test pieces...I can guarantee that anything I bought would NEVER end up on the place which shall not be named....

melman8r said...

Hey Peter,
I'm looking for something new, how about a Dace?

:)

asupernothing said...

Its a bit disappointing that someone would take advantage of your willingness to try and help out your customers. Anyway, keep up the good work Peter.

Todd said...

Is there any way to find out who the ebay sellers "Davidpsalm51" and "vdubbed51" are? They are two of the most consistent resellers of your beautiful tools on ebay at ridiculous prices.

ERIC PERRY said...

Have just spent the last 3 hours looking at lots of your creations. Your work is amazing I cant wait to purchase my first one.