Monday, September 08, 2008

Update 9/8

OK, I will be doing some full sized SOPTHings this week. Not likely to be done before Friday though so please shut off your web site checking robots folks and put away those twitchy refresh tapping fingers. Nothing else will be released this week. My traffic for the month has already used up 1/4 of my transfer allowance and even without checking my statistics I have no doubt it's because a bunch of you folks are hammering on the site waiting for knives to come up.

Look guys, I have tons of knives coming this fall, and I do mean tons. The full sized SOPThings release this week will be a VERY small batch, maybe 20 pieces. But by October you can be sure that we'll be seeing tens of thousands, possibly MILLIONS of knives, so chill out please! Relax! :D :p Everyone in America will be able to buy at least 100 per household LOL...

Seriously, I have a lot of stuff in the works but it's VERY slow to get them done, mainly because sheaths are taking forever. I have Tom Krein helping me with a batch for the upcoming RingThings but the rest I'm doing myself. This week I will be getting some sheaths done but I have paperwork to catch up on this morning since taxes are coming up... and unfortunately the dumdums I get my kydex from screwed up and sent me the wrong thickness of material so that has derailed me for the week. I'm nearly out of kydex and only have enough for a handful of these sheaths.

So, relax, take a deep breath and no worries. I have more than enough knives coming that I guarantee that everyone who wants a Peter Atwood Edged tool will be able to get one sometime in the next month or so. If you miss one of the upcoming sales just email me and I'll see if I can hook you up with something or another.

I will announce on the blog later this week before I post the full sized SOPTHings, OK? :)

Next week: RingThings, IF I can get the sheaths done.

Following week: Small number more of MSOPTHings, a few Wharncliffe Boogers, rest of the full sized SOPTHIngs.

After that, in October: More RingThings, a brand new CC knife design, a new keychain knife design. Again, it will depend on whether I can get sheaths done for these...

I do not take preorders, it turns into a nightmare so please don't ask. I'll be announcing sales for these beforehand right here on the blog. Thanks everyone for you understanding and support, I really do appreciate it.

20 comments:

Robert D. said...

Sounds like a plan Peter. As a newbie that saw the gasbabies available last week followed by the lefties, I know the chance will come. On a side note, my daughter has fallen in love with all the patterned finishes she's seen on some of the past work and one of a kinds. Have to admit I have too. Here's to waiting.

Adrian said...

Suh-freaking-weet.
Thanks Peter!
(good things are always worth waiting for!)

DB said...

That's some of the best news I've heard all summer! On a slightly related note, since you're ramping up production, have you thought about having any more t-shirts made? Since we're seeing the return of these classics blades, would be great to see the SOPT shirts again too.

Peter Atwood said...

Jamie, I have a couple of shirts left so just email me if you want one. To tell the truth, I was enormously proud of the last t-shirt but sales were very poor indeed so it isn't likely I'll be doing a lot more shirts in the future. I guess my sense of what is cool in that kind of graphic doesn't connect very well with my audience. Oh well, at least you folks seem to like my tools and knives. :D

Not going to be seeing a lot patterned stuff and THERE WILL BE NO DAMASCUS at all for awhile I'm afraid. There are many reasons, too much to discuss here. Eventually there will be more probably but realistically right now I'm still just trying to switch over to knife mode from tool mode...

Unknown said...

Well seems like I will have at last the chance of getting my hands on a MSOPT. So I'll start again spending my days and nights in front of my Mac :)

Thanks for the update, Peter!
Francesco, ITALY

Anonymous said...

...coooool thanks for the heads up!!

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to "knife mode"

Rick said...

Thanks for laying that out for us addicts! Good times! :D

Anonymous said...

Sweet... sounds like fall is going to be just as good if not better than summer... I looked at your site, didn't find it, what is a ringthing? Thanks!

Carl said...

Could I suggest that you change the timestamp format (Settings->Formatting) for this blog, to something that shows the date as well as the time? It can be difficult sometimes to tell just how old/new comments are when they only list a time. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Guilty as charged. I scored a g3 prybaby recently and once I realized how quickly the tools came and went I figured thats the only way you get something. Sorry broseph. Combine a new obsession with EDC toys with a REAL slow time of year at a desk job and thats what happens. I'd think nothing of having the available tools window up all day and hammering it in between other random surfing. Hopefully we wont crush your site on friday afternoon!

Peter Atwood said...

It is set correctly now. There is no date setting for the comments.

Peter Atwood said...

All sales will be routed through the blog now so the site traffic will be minimized.

Ryan said...

I searched around a bit and can't find RingThings anywhere. Are these a new tool?

Anonymous said...

Don't want to turn this into a T-Shirt thread, but what I would really dig is a shirt with the Atwood logo/name across the front so that it looks as if it was stamped, just like on my Prybaby. Nice and simple.
- Scott

Carl said...

Peter, feel free to squelch this, if you don't wanna show it off, but there's pretty pics of the Ring Thing here...

http://edcforums.com/index.php?topic=5387.msg237163#msg237163

Peter Atwood said...

That's it exactly Carl. I haven't taken pics yet myself. I had a half dozen of them that sold directly to people who emailed me asking for what I had that was new. Will be putting on a bunch of them next week if Tom gets me those sheaths...

Anonymous said...

Oh Peter....you just made me the happiest girl in the world! Razor-sharp Atwoods and a collaboration with Tom Krein? I'm in heaven...
September may turn out to be my favorite month. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

is there any chance that there are any sumo's in the near future

Peter Atwood said...

Yup, a few more Sumos will get done eventually. I keep putting them off simply because the cord wrap is a pain in the neck...actually, the hands. They hurt like hell to wrap. :)