Monday, June 27, 2022

Wroidy Steel Chiggers!

Hi Folks,

Happy summer! Hard to believe it is here already...we've just had a little heat wave, although it is nothing like what much of the country has been experiencing lately. Anyhow, it's looking like it might pour rain this morning (maybe!) which is very much needed here as we have been in a nasty drought for the past few month. Crazy weather for crazy times I guess...

Well, the projects continue to roll along. I am about to stamp up the Zr Stubby MiniBars, so those will be coming up shortly. I have a big batch of larger tools underway, a newly updated titanium Bug Out Bar design, and those will be done very soon as well. I have a brand new batch of 6 Flute Mega beads in shiny brass underway, and those will be coming towards the end of the month. A batch of cute little titanium Flea tools which I made very briefly in steel about 10-12 years ago has been started and they are coming along as well. I need to buckle down and get the grinding, stamping and finish work done for all those projects and more...usually the summer heat chases me back inside and down to the cool basement shop.

Today I have those CPM 154 Steel Chiggers done... This is an update to the older design, and I decided to make them a little longer so they are kind of in between the original Chigger and the even older Pest design in terms of length. But these are very heavy duty at just shy of 1/4" thickness, so they certainly quality for the "Wroid" designation. Anyway, these have a robust pry tip, a 5/16" hex wrench/cap lifter and a 9/16" twelve point wrench. This is a hefty tool that feels great in the hand, with a stonewashed finish and classic old school Atwood design!

The Chiggers are stamped with a wide variety of my decorative stamps, including many old favorites as well as a few new ones. There are a handful of lefties here as well if anyone wants to email me. 

Wroidy Steel Chiggers will run $80 plus shipping and the link is below. Thanks as always for stopping by today, and I hope your week ahead is a great one!

Sold out, thank you so much folks!
 

 

No comments: