Monday, June 15, 2020

Captain Hook 2

Hi Everyone,

Well we finally got some rain here. It has been bone dry for about a month with a few brief rain showers passing above and below us but somehow always managing to just miss our little area. Anyhow, we finally get an inch or two last week and could use some more. And now we are heading into a little heat wave as official summertime is about to begin.

I don't have too much to report on various projects because there have been a ton of distractions lately keeping me busy, but I will be heading back into the shop over the next few days and will get myself more organized for the upcoming summer. I have several tool projects coming along in both steel and titanium, as well as some beads that have been languishing for months. Too many unfinished projects that I need to get done!

Today I have the next wave of Captain Hooks finished. They are made of the same thick armor plate titanium and are about the same length but feel a little bigger overall. This version differs from the earlier Captain Hooks in that I have made them more ergonomic and also changed the wrench opening to 3/4. I also added some finger grooves and thumb scalloping  on top. These features add a lot of control and allow for more varied grip options. I'm really liking this particular setup and think it is the right direction for the design.

These hooks are plain finished like the earlier batch, and there is a wide variety of stamps. They will run $65 plus shipping and the link is below. One per customer please as the batch is very modest in size. Stay safe and healthy everyone. That virus is still out there and we need to be smart and vigilant. 
 
Sold out, thank you so much everyone!

No comments: