Monday, January 20, 2020

BagBoy Clips

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!

Wow, it's so hard to believe it's 2020 already. I'm really hoping this next decade is a good one, although the current events are often disheartening. The horrific fires in Australia are a good example...to that end, I will be contributing some of the proceeds from today's sale to the New South Wales Rural Fire Brigade, one of the many important groups who are desperate for help right now.

Well, I certainly do have tons of new stuff coming up this winter. Brand new ribbed beads are on the way, newly redesigned TightWads, titanium TommyKnockers, Zirconium Hangman hooks, several different newly designed twisted tools, steel metric Prybabies and new captive bit tools. There is more craziness in the wings too, such as something called Son of BeadThing...And I haven't even started looking at potential new drawings for the year yet. It's going to be a wild and wacky year ahead for sure.

Today I have something new for your kitchen or workshop. In my opinion, mass produced magnetic clips are generally so poorly made that they barely stick to the fridge. And if they do get knocked off and hit the floor, I have seen several shatter into pieces because of the flimsy brittle plastic they are often made from. This happened to me again last summer, so I finally got fed up and decided to come up with something better....

After extensive research I came across these fantastic stainless steel clips which are very strong, stay clipped in place and are able to provide almost pinpoint accuracy when clipped to a bag or anything else. The only catch: no magnets. So I did more experimenting and finally came up with a working solution.

My BagBoy clips are made of high carbon stainless steel. I designed a custom shaped fastener with hub which is drilled and tapped, then snapped tightly into place inside the clip handle. The titanium fasteners are knurled on the edge and I left them with a plain satin finish and Atwood stamp. Then I used a doughnut shaped rare earth magnet held firmly in place with a machine screw to bring the whole assembly together. A thin sticky dot made of cork finishes the back side elegantly. These are very sturdy clips, the best of their kind, and should last virtually forever. Use them in the kitchen for keeping foods fresh in the pantry or freezer, in the workshop for holding small flashlights, notes, etc.

BagBoy Clips will run $30 plus shipping and there is no quantity limit on them. Thanks for dropping by today, and I hope this new decade ahead is a great one for everyone!

All gone for now, thank you so much!





 

No comments: