Monday, July 30, 2018

Metric Crawdaddies

Hi Everyone,

Hope your weekend was great! We've been having some very unsettled weather here all last week, with frequent intermittent downpours, followed by bits of sun and much higher humidity than we've seen so far this summer. It was starting to get rather sticky out there but right now things are back to being more reasonable.

Updates: All last week I got thoroughly caught up in a several day long fun family event that took up a lot more time than I anticipated. Ended up being sort of an impromptu vacation week which was nice, but I am back to work now and trying to get things moving again. Tools are slowly moving along and I just got a super cool brand new idea this weekend that I am going to get started on right away, details coming shortly.

Today I finally have some of the CPM 3v Steel Metric Crawdaddies done! These took seemingly forever and there are still more that I'm working on in the shop, but I have enough finished for a sale today. The Metric Crawdaddies are an open ended wrench/multi tool featuring metric spanner sizes 7,8,9,10,11 and 12mm. In addition the tool holds a captive phillips bit with separate 1/4 hex bit opening and the rear sports a straight screwdriver/pry bar in my usual arrangement.

These guys are a bit beefier than prior Crawdaddy versions at nearly 3/16 thick. The finish is slightly matte, rugged looking and perfect for a working tool. I didn't oil these so you will want to do that with the oil of your choosing should you wish to slow down the patina process, with either WD-40 or any type of household or petroleum based motor oil. I elected not to do any extra grinds on these other than on the pry tip end, and there are none with decorative stamps or wrench end grinds so as to preserve maximum wrench teeth grip. I didn't make any lefty specific ones in this run either.

The Metric Crawdaddies will run $75 each plus shipping and it's a sizable batch so I'll make it a two per customer limit on them please. Thanks for dropping by today. I hope you have a great week ahead (how can it almost be August???) and stay cool!

Sold out, thanks so much everyone!






No comments: