Friday, July 21, 2017

Stamped Zirconium Keytons

Hi Everyone,

Happy Friday! I know much of the nation is sizzling today with the high temps but I hope all is well and you're gearing up for a relaxing weekend ahead.

Well I've been rather quiet lately, but I have certainly not been idle. I've been grinding my brains out and trying to move projects along. The belts have been turning madly and the tumblers have been running almost continuously for the past two weeks. And I have taken a few hours to fix up and clean my dusty and slightly disorganized shop, critically important work that has been long overdue. I'm planning on upgrading some of my lighting soon as well. All these changes are going to make it a lot more efficient and a healthier place to work.

I still haven't gotten the steel pins ground for the zirconium KingPins, but they are one of the next tasks in line. The Wroidy steel Wrunts are still languishing as well...however, steel Superbugs are well along towards finishing and just need a little more grinding before they are ready for heat treat. The titanium R37 Ruler tools are definitely happening and have just been cut, really looking forward to these... Krinkle titanium SAE Wrunts have also just been cut. I am waiting for some special stainless steel Wrunts to be cut next as well as a new steel Wroid thickness tool.

Beads are moving along nicely. I will be tying up and packaging titanium Mini 5 Flutes and then the bronze Mini 5 Flutes over the next few days. I also have anodized titanium Bermuda Beads with grinds completed and nearly ready to go. I also got the next spin coins prepped out further and they are waiting for stamps and other treatments.

Today I finally have the Zirconium K4 Keytons done! These have been sitting around for several months and it took a huge effort this week to get them through the many many steps to completion. Lots of grinding, tumbling, stamping, more tumbling, individual heat coloring and finally applying an oil finish. Ridiculously complicated and time consuming...It does feel good to get them finished at last and they look awesome.

These have a wide variety of grinds and stamps. They will run $95 plus shipping and it's a one per customer sale even though the batch is large, so that many folks will have a chance at them.

Thanks as always for stopping in today and I hope you all are staying cool this week!

Sold out for now, thank you so much folks!




 


13 comments:

Sebler said...

Yeah! Finally!

Unknown said...

How do we attain!?

jemphd said...

Looks great but need a Superbug more, so I'll wait. Stay cool and hydrated!

Peter Atwood said...

Jake, the link to order is right about the pictures! Thanks.

Art V said...

you click purchase

Unknown said...

Been a long dry spell, but great timing to check site!
Keyton is one of my favorites, and what I consider an Atwood Classic design.
Thank you Sir

Chris said...

The last pic with the bear claw stamp is amazing! I knew I should have skipped lunch today...

retrosurfer1959 said...

Nice out of all the tools and beads ive scored over the years a keyton is one that has eluded me till now , and a stamped zirc is a nice first keyton 😁

John said...

holy pocket steel batman! like the jimping :-)

OldRockDog said...

Any Dreadknots in the future? I'm a rock climber, and am often faced with having to undo a tension-tightened knot without damaging the rope. The Dreadknot appears perfect for this, and was a light carabiner-clip-able carry, but they're unobtainable. Any plans?

Peter Atwood said...

Thanks Everyone!

ORD, no Dreadknots are planned for the future. Please email me.

Unknown said...

Argh! So wanted a new piece! I got two as a gift and I love them...cannot believe how very versatile they are. And they are like little sculptural pieces of art...and they jingle in my pocket! Gotta keep checking the site. Thanks for what you do!

Unknown said...

I'd like to get one of these. Any way to do that?