Thursday, April 05, 2012

Count Sporkula...

...the Prince of Forkness!! :D

Hehe, I crack myself up!

I have been working on this design for quite some time (ever since having some ice cream at the drive-in last fall) and it's been killing me to keep it secret. But finally I have the first batch of them cut and have the very first wave ready to go. They are made of .063 titanium, 3.5" long, and are virtually weightless, a flat tool that will get the job done and will ride easily in your wallet. Practically unbendable too. True, since it's flat you won't be eating soup with it... but chili, yogurt, ice cream, mashed potatoes, chicken salad, mac and cheese, really just about anything else is fair game for the Count. Spread cream cheese on your bagel with ease. And of course it opens your beer or soda pop too.

I decided to pattern all of these for several reasons. The ti has all sorts of minor imperfections in it and unfortunately it does not tumble well. Because these pieces are so light and flat they just clump up instantly in the tumbler. They all have to be individually sanded out which just makes all the little scratches and stuff show up and it's a bit slow going. So, it looks like patterning is going to be the way to go on this whole batch probably. I may do some of the next ones without the anodized coloring though and those look very nice too, very elegant and understated.

This is only the first of numerous waves of these. I'll make this bunch one per customer but no worries, there really are tons of them left to finish up over the next week or two. Count Sporkulas will run $50 plus shipping and the link is below. As always, thank you for stopping by today and thanks for your patience!

Gotta shut them down for now, thank you so much folks! I have a ton more coming, just need to finish them up.





The inspiration for CS came from the humble ice cream stick:

27 comments:

JayKay75 said...

wow peter nice work, I waited for my first purchases but these are just perfect. any chance of choosing the pattern? If yes I would love to get the all yellowish one.

thanks a lot!

Steve said...

Very cool - these look a bit like squids!! And Patterns are always a plus! Thanks, Peter!

intellax said...

These... are... hilarious!! Love it, glad I could get one. The ice cream stick always reminded me of those tongue depressors at the doctor's office, so what do you say, Ti tongue depressor with bottle opener next?

No, seriously, the build-up on the toolbook was great and I actually laughed when I saw the pics, nicely played sir, nicely played.

-brett

Mr. Whippy said...

Fantastic Peter! This one is going into rotation right away. Paired with my Steel Bookie I'm set for Lunch at work!

Matt said...

Darn it. I had managed to resist any new purchases lately then you go and show us this! Beautiful & functional all in one shot. This is one for the wallet. Great job Peter!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Happy Birthday to me.

Thank you.

DB said...

Awesome! Love some of the new anodizing you did on these! Hope I snagged a green or rainbow with those crazy patterns!

Murrrrrrrr said...

Oh man I would have liked to catch one of these! Very cool Prince of Sporkness!

Tool Amour said...

OH man I want one of these!!!

22BadApple said...

Those are cool, but where are the blades! Any plans for a cutting tool Peter?

Justin Akerfelds said...

Score! These are amazing and funny! Gonna be the cool guy eating ice cream with one of these!

Thanks Peter!

Ryan said...

Love the idea!

Dave67 said...

Another work of art Peter, they look great.

QVolve said...

How awesome!

Too bad i missed these, hopefully the next batch!

Tim said...

Holy cow, I go fishing one afternoon and miss out on these beauties. That'll teach me to try and have a little fun! Good stuff, Peter. Hopefully I can catch one of these next time around.

KevinO said...

PLEASE! Keep cranking these out and limit one per person all the way through! These are the PPT I've been waiting for!!!!

Kemtitec said...

Makes an awesome "Fro-Pick".

Rick said...

Very cool Peter!

unit 26 said...

D'oh!
These sales always seem to come up when I'm at work, so I miss them. Then my only option is to buy one at the huge markup on Ebay from people who can get them mid-day!

JayKay75 said...

people who buy them and then put them on ebay should be banned!

Kemtitec said...

To unit 26.

Being at home does not help. Being on your computer all the time does not help. I'm both and miss the sales all the time. My guess is you have about 90 seconds to get anything. Good luck.

JMS42687 said...

I got mine and I love it, the dual pattern is great. Polka dots! Awesome job Peter, thanks again.

spiff said...

Look like a U-Fork-O

d:

Paul V. said...

Got mine, finally. Man, that's pretty cool, Peter. And the patterns that I've seen are amazing. Please release a plain Ti one, so I'll actually USE it. I don't care if there are any imperfections. It'll still be good, coming from you.

Anonymous said...

i would love to buy one.

Ed Grimly said...

If I could buy one of these I would be the envy of the Boy Scout Troop!

Silv said...

I would love to see this come back. Very cool!